TNPSC Group 4 VAO Syllabus 2018:- Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission has released the Official Notification of the VAO, Assistant and the other posts. Hope that the candidate can apply for the following posts. The TNPSC group 4 Application form 2018 has published now. After apply online, there are the various candidates who are search for the Syllabus. They inform that the TNPSC Group 4 VAO Syllabus 2018 is available in our web portal. We provide the fullTNPSC Group 4 VAO Syllabus with the exam pattern in details. So the candidates do not face any problem at the time of their studies. Here we provide the full exam Pattern and the Syllabus of the TNPSC. Candidate can download Tamil Nadu Group IV Syllabus in Tamil and English medium from the given below link. Check the official website of the TNPSC for more details.
- Name of Department: – Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Popularly
- Category: Exam Syllabus/ Pattern
- Exam Date: – 11th February 2018
- Post Name: – Junior Assistant, VAO, Typist, and other posts
- Total Posts: – 9351 posts
- Job Location: – Tamilnadu State
- Official Website:- www.tnpsc.gov.in
TNPSC Group 4 VAO Exam Pattern 2018
The TNPSC has published the Full Exam Pattern of the Group IV exam. With the help of the TNPSC Group 4 VAO Syllabus and exam pattern, you can get an idea of question ask in which manner. TNPSC Group 4 is the OMR based Exam. There are total 200 questions ask in the exam. The exam is the Objective type. The questions of General Science will be set in English & Tamil medium. Candidate needs to read the subject like General Studies, Aptitude Test & General Tamil/ General English. Here we provide the full exam pattern with the full details. Check the Exam Pattern mention below.
|Subject||No. of Question||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|General Studies||75||3 hours||300||90|
|General Tamil/ General English||100|
TNPSC Group 4 VAO Syllabus Topic Wise Details 2018
Tamil Nadu PSC Group IV Syllabus is available on official website. With the help of TNPSC Exam Syllabus, you can study in proper way or good score in examination. Here we are providing you topic wise Syllabus TNPSC Group IV which is available below. Check the Full TNPSC Group 4 VAO Syllabus 2018
Unit-1 General Science:-
Physics : Nature of Universe -General Scientific laws-Inventions and discoveries-National scientific laboratories-Mechanics and properties of matter-Physical quantities, standards and units-Force, motion and energy Magnetism, electricity and electronics -Heat, light and sound.
Chemistry : Elements and Compounds-Acids, bases and salts-Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides.
Botany : Main Concepts of life science-Classification of living organism Nutrition and dietetics-Respiration.
Zoology : Blood and blood circulation-Reproductive system-Environment, ecology, health and hygiene-Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases – prevention and remedies-Animals, plants and human life.
Unit-II Current Events:-
- History : Latest diary of events-national -National symbols-Profile of States-Eminent persons & places in news-Sports & games-Books & authors -Awards & honors’-India and its neighbors.
- Political Science-I : Problems in conduct of public elections-2. Political parties and political system in India-3. Public awareness & General administration-4. Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility.
- Geography : Geographical landmarks.
- Economics : Current socio-economic problems.
- Science : Latest inventions on science & technology.
Earth and Universe-Solar system-Monsoon, rainfall, weather & Climate Water resources – Rivers in India-Soil, Minerals & natural resources –Forest & wildlife-Agricultural pattern-Transport including surface transport & Communication-Social geography – Population-density and distribution- Natural Calamities – Disaster Management.
Unit-IV History and Culture of India and Tamil Nadu:-
Indus valley civilization-Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas-Age of Vijayanagaram and the bahmanis-South Indian history-Culture and Heritage of Tamil people-India since independence-Characteristics of Indian Culture-Unity in diversity –race, Colour, language, custom-India-as secular state-Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN-Political parties and
Unit – V Indian Polity:-
Constitution of India–Preamble to the constitution- Salient features of constitution- Union, state and territory- Citizenship-rights amend duties Fundamental rights- Fundamental duties- Human rights charter- Union legislature – Parliament- State executive- State Legislature – assembly- Local government – panchayat raj – Tamil Nadu- Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of law-Elections- Official language and Schedule-VIII Corruption in public life- Anti-corruption measures –CVC, lok-adalats, Ombudsman, CAG – Right to information- Empowerment of women Consumer, protection forms.
Unit-VI Indian Economy:-
Nature of Indian economy- Five-year plan models-an assessment-Land reforms & agriculture-Application of science in agriculture-Industrial growth Rural welfare oriented programmers-Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty-Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
Unit-VII Indian Movement:-
National renaissance-Emergence of national leaders-Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore Different modes of agitations-Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others.
- Conversion of Information to data – collection
- Compilation and presentation of data (Tables, Graphs & diagram
- Analytical interpretation of data
- HCF & LCM
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Area – Volume
- Time & Work
- Logical Reasoning
- Alphanumeric Reasoning
- Number Series
- Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
- Choose the correct ‘Synonyms’ for the underlined word from the given option.
- Choose the correct ‘Antonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given.
- Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix).
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Article
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Proposition
- Question Tag Correct
- Correct Tense
- Correct Voice
- Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Gerund, Participle)
- Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, Object…) Blanks with Correct ‘Homophones’
- Find out the Error (Articles, Preposition, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb)
- Select the correct sentence
- Find out the off words (Verb, Noun, Adjective, Adverb)
- Select the correct Plural forms
- Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentence)
- Identify the Correct degree
- Form a new word by Blending the words
- Form compound words (Eg. Noun + Verb, Gerund + Noun)
Figures of speech observed in following poems :
- Rhyme Scheme
- Rhyming Words
II. Appreciation Questions from Poetry : A Psalm of Life – Women’s Rights – The Nation United – English words – Snake – The Man He Killed – Off to outer space tomorrow morning – Sonnet No.116 – The Solitary Reaper – Be the Best – O Captain My Captain – Laugh and Be Merry – Earth – Don’t quit – The Apology – Be Glad your Nose is on your face – A sonnet for my Incomparable Mother – The Flying Wonder – To a Millionaire – The Piano – Manliness – Going for water – The cry of the Children – Migrant Bird – Shilpi.
III. Important lines from Poems : Where the mind is without fear – The Solitary Reaper – Going for water – A Psalm of Life – Be the Best – Sonnet No.116.
IV. Questions on the Biography of : Mahatma Gandhi – Jawaharlal Nehru – Subash Chandra Bose – Helen Keller Kalpana Chawala – Dr.Salim Ali – Rani of Jhansi – Nelson Mandela – Abraham Lincoln.
V. Questions on Shakespeare’s : Merchant of Venice (Act IV Court Scene) – Julius Ceasar (Act III Scene 2) – Sonnet 116.
VI. Questions from Oscar Wilde’s : The Model Millionaire – The Selfish Giant.
VII. Dr.Karl Paulnack : Music-The Hope Raiser.
VIII.Comprehension Questions from the following Motivational Essays : Gopala Krishna Gokhale’s Speech on 25th July in Mumbai in response to The address presented to him by students- Dale Carnegie’s ‘The Road to success- Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam’s ‘Vision for the Nation’(from ‘India2020’) – Ruskin Bond’s ‘Our Local Team’ – Hope Spencer’s ‘Keep your spirits high’ – Deepa Agarwal’s ‘After the storm’ – Brian patten’s ‘You can’t be that no you can’t be that’.
IX. Comprehension Questions from the following description of Places : Ahtushi Deshpande’s ‘To the land of snow’ – Manohar Devadoss – Yaanai Malai – Brihadeesvarar Temple.
X. British English – American English
Part-C : Authors and their Literary Works:-
- Match the Poem with the Poets
- The Story belongs to which Nationality
- With the short story Identify the Author
- Whose Auto Biography/ Biography is this?
- Which Nationality Poet belongs to?
- Characters, Quotes, Important Lines from the following works of Indian Authors
- Drama Famous Lines, Characters, Quotes from
- The Places Match, Poet, Dramatist, Painter with suitable option
- Match the following Folk Arts with the Indian State/ Country
- Match the Author with the Relevant Story Title
- About the Poets
- About the Dramatists
- Mention the poem in which lines occur
- Various works of the following Authors
- What is the theme observed in the Literary works?
- Famous Quotes – Who said this?
- To which period the Poets belong
- Matching the Poets and Poems
- Nature-centered Literary works and Global issue Environment and Conservation
TNPSC Group 4 VAO Syllabus Download Procedure 2018
The TNPSC having the following exam pattern & the Syllabus that we mention above. There are the following download procedure of TNPSC Group 4 VAO Syllabus PDF Form. There are the following steps to Download the Syllabus:-
- Visit the Official Website of TNPSC
- Go to the Examination Section
- Click on the Syllabus option.
- Download the TNPSC Group 4 VAO Syllabus 2018
- The Syllabus is open it in the PDF Form.
- Download and save it.